Erie County Public Health Laboratory
Foit-Albert Associates, as the prime consultant, was selected to provide programming and design at the Erie County Health Lab.
The Erie County Health Lab is comprised of four buildings. The project will include:
- Renovation of an existing health lab to provide overflow space for community health outreach
- Creation of lecture/demonstration space for gathering of health professionals to meet
- Multi-functional space for technical/professional training
- Loading dock and storage for of essential materials
- Exterior wall and roof renovation
Foit-Albert Associates’ Chief Lab Designer verified existing conditions and determined full design services needed for the scope of work. Also, team members coordinated with County and facility staff to develop needs to be incorporated into the design. Currently, preliminary floor plans and room layouts are in process.
Future scope includes completion of detailed design, code review drawings and forms; coordination and supervision of M/E/P, structural and environmental subs; generation of final construction and bid documents and construction administration & inspection services.