Join our Team
We are always looking for qualified individuals to join our team of professionals. To learn more about career opportunities with Foit-Albert Associates, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or (716) 856-3933
Construction Inspectors II or III
Seeking NICET Level II and III Inspectors – Immediate Need! For roadway, paving, culvert, and bridge projects in NYSDOT Region 1 (Essex, Warren, Washington, Saratoga, Schenectady. Rensselaer, Albany, and Greene Counties). Assignments available beginning in 2020 construction season. NICET IIs and IIIs or equivalent with a minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in inspection of highway and related projects. Prior Locally Administered, NYSDOT or NYS Thruway experience a plus.
Construction Inspectors – Highway and/or Bridge
Opportunities in Western New York, the Albany/Capital District regions and near Poughkeepsie.
Seeking resumes for NICET III/IV inspectors with a minimum of 6 to 10 years of experience in inspection of heavy highway and bridge rehabilitation/replacement projects. Prior Locally Administered, NYSDOT, NYS Bridge Authority or NYS Thruway experience required.
Also seeking NICET II inspectors with a minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in inspection of heavy highway and bridge rehabilitation/replacement projects.
Construction Inspection candidates should have experience working with NYSDOT Standard Specifications for Construction and Materials and NYSDOT Manual of Uniform Record Keeping (MURK) along with APPIA construction management software. General responsibilities will include performing on-site inspection of various heavy highway and/or bridge rehabilitation/replacement projects. All positions require a combination of both office and field duties. Positions are expected to start in spring 2020 and carry into future construction seasons. Duration varies depending upon the assignment.
Bridge Design Engineer – Albany, NY
Seeking a Bridge Design Engineer to fill an immediate opening in our growing Engineering Group. The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years of design experience, specifically in the bridge engineering field, and will be responsible for design and production of detailed structural drawings for a variety of bridge and road projects.
- 5 to 10 years working as a bridge designer
- NYS P.E. preferred
- Report writing skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and MicroStation
- B.S. Civil Engineering
- Familiar with NYSDOT specifications
- Albany, NY, location preferred
Bridge InspectorsCategory: Engineering
Seeking Bridge Inspection Team Leader and Assistant Team Leader for NYSDOT Biennial Bridge Inspection. We have a need for several teams! Qualified Team Leader candidate will be a NYS Professional Engineer with at least 3 years of recent experience in bridge design or inspection. Qualified Assistant Team Leader candidate will at minimum have an AAS degree in civil or structural technology and 2 years of bridge inspection experience. Candidates must be physically capable of working at heights, on ladders, scaffolding and aerial lift or under-bridge inspection equipment. Must be able to climb, work in confined spaces or under adverse weather conditions as required.
Junior Civil Engineer
Seeking a Junior Civil Engineer to fill an immediate opening in our growing Engineering Group located in our Albany, NY, office. Primary responsibilities will include performing design calculations, developing design plans, and preparing contract documents for Municipal and State-owned highway and bridge rehabilitation / reconstruction projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, including classes in Bridge or Highway design
- Passed Fundamentals of Engineering exam
- One or more years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Experience with bridge design/analysis software preferred, not required
Civil Engineering Technician
Seeking a Civil Engineering Technician to fill an immediate opening in our growing Engineering Group located in the Albany, NY, office. Primary responsibilities will include preparing design calculations, developing construction cost estimates, and detailing of design plans for Municipal and State-owned highway and bridge rehabilitation / reconstruction projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Associates degree in Civil Engineering Technology (A.A.S.), including classes in Bridge or Highway design
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or MicroStation
Seeking a structural engineer with 5-10 years of experience using Microstation and/or AutoCAD. Design experience in Structural, Transportation, Bridge or Building will be considered.
- Design for buildings and/or bridges for municipal and private clients.
- Preliminary and final design.
- Cost estimating.
- Depending on your experience, you will be working independently with a project manager who is a licensed Professional Engineer.
- Work is performed in coordination with senior drafting staff and includes preparation of final construction documents including specifications and cost estimates.
- B.S. in Structural Civil Engineering, Masters a plus
- 5+ years of related experience
- P.E. preferred
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Architect / Architectural Technician – New York City
Foit-Albert Associates is seeking Architects or experienced Architectural Technicians for a high profile project, working out of an office in midtown Manhattan. Aviation experience a plus.
- Proficiency (6+ years experience) in Revit.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, good communication skills.
- Experience in construction document preparation.
- Knowledge of building materials, specifications, construction techniques.
- Sufficient knowledge of engineering disciplines to coordinate their work.
- Knowledge of building codes, standards, and building structures.
- Assist the project team during the design process.
- Prepare construction documentation using Revit.
Survey Project Manager
Seeking a Survey Project Manager with a minimum of eight years of experience managing various Land Survey projects, project personnel, interfacing with clients, survey calculations and property line determination and CADD drafting. Must be proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Word and Excel, with a working knowledge of Trimble GPS, robotic total stations and data collection. A minimum of an AAS in Surveying Technology or a BS in Surveying Engineering is required. NYS PLS a plus. Some field work and travel may be required.
Survey Crew Chief
Seeking a Survey Crew Chief with a minimum of five years of field experience in boundary, ALTA, topographic, GPS and construction surveys. Some travel throughout New York State may be required.
Survey Instrument Person
Seeking a Survey Instrument Person with a minimum of five years of experience with Trimble GPS and data collection equipment. Some travel throughout New York State may be required.
Survey CADD Technician
Seeking a Survey CADD Technician with a minimum of five years of experience with AutoCAD. Experience with CADD drafting of boundary surveys, ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys, topographic surveys, utility surveys, record surveys and acquisition mapping using Carlson Survey software a plus. Microstation experience a plus.